- Business Insider analyzed federal salary disclosures to find out how much technology companies pay the people inking acquisitions and partnerships.
- The list below includes business development salaries for companies like Amazon, Microsoft, Apple, and Google.
- eBay had the highest business development salary on our list at $255,600.
- Are you a tech-industry employee? Contact this reporter via the encrypted messaging app Signal (+1-425-344-8242) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
It’s been a summer of notable tech-industry deals, from enterprise technology giants Microsoft and Oracle bidding to acquire viral video app TikTok to Nvidia’s recently announced $40 billion plan to buy SoftBank-owned Arm Holdings, one of the largest acquisitions in the industry’s history.
We analyzed the data for nearly 500 active foreign-worker visas with “business development” in their job titles to find out how much technology companies pay the people inking acquisitions and partnerships.
American companies have to disclose salaries when they apply for visas on behalf of current or prospective foreign workers, and the Office of Foreign Labor Certification publishes the salaries every year. Notably, the data covers annual base salary not total compensation, which can include bonuses or stock awards.
This list is not comprehensive because it only includes data for foreign workers, and doesn’t include compensation for the company heavyweights like CEOs and CFOs who often help negotiate significant deals, but it still gives rare insight into how much tech giants pay business development teams.
Here’s how much companies like Amazon, Microsoft, Apple, and Google pay employees who help negotiate deals and partnerships: