- Melbourne Burwood Campus
- Full-time and continuing
- HEW 7 $90,769 + 17% Superannuation
Student success is everyone’s business and all staff at Deakin can be a part of providing a successful student experience.
In the role of Business Intelligence Analyst, you will be part of a small but growing team, working closely with others to support the use of data and analytics to improve the student journey. You will be supporting the Student Services leadership team, in shaping strategic frameworks that monitor our services and performance, including student recruitment activities, customer service, examinations and graduations.
By leveraging your skills in data analysis and visualisation you will be responsible for designing and developing high impact reports and dashboards, to help form strategic decision. You will be able to influence stakeholders with the decision-making process, by turning complex information into material that is easily understood by a broad, non-specialist audience.
We are looking for an insightful, innovative, data-driven Business Intelligence Analyst who loves data and the power of data to tell stories, to:
- Share intelligence and key insights through dashboards and intuitive visualisations
- Turn data into information, reports into action and delivering continuous improvement
- Develop and deliver sustainable and optimised business solutions
- Educate the broader team regarding data analytics and visualisations across Student Services using applications such as Tableau, Cognos Analytics and ServiceNow
- Work collaboratively to identify opportunities to influence change and contribute to the student experience at Deakin
To be successful, you will have:
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent, with at least 5 years practical experience in business intelligence, data analytics or data engineering roles; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training experience.
- A proven track record (minimum 5 years working experience) as a Business Intelligence professional
- Extensive experience of using SQL to manipulate complex and unstructured data sets, and maintaining tables, dashboards, and data pipelines.
- 4+ years’ experience in building dashboards and visualizations with tools such as Tableau, Cognos Analytics and ServiceNow Performance Analytics
- Good relationship skills and the ability to work within a team as well as autonomously
- Ability to combine strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a key focus on attention to detail
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, share knowledge with team members and work in a collaborative environment
- This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details)
Offers of employment from Deakin University are conditional upon the applicant being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt and providing satisfactory evidence of the same. You can view a copy of the University’s COVID-19 Vaccination Procedure.
Applications for this position close on the 1st of May, 2022
Please submit your updated resume and a cover letter. In the cover letter (maximum two pages), please explain your interest in and suitability for the role, including examples demonstrating capability, your skills and your aspirations for the position.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Carmen van den Bogaard, Manager, Performance Reporting and Analytics, on 9244 5449 or [email protected]
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.