CARBONDALE (WSIL) – The Carbondale Business Development Corporation is accepting grant applications for local businesses negatively affected by COVID-19.
Twenty-five grants are available, each worth $1,000. Qualified applicants will be selected randomly in a lottery process. Those businesses must be located within the City of Carbondale and conduct the majority of their sales and services within the local area.
“I know a $1,000 isn’t going to be like able to cover payroll or do anything like that,” explains Curtis Baird, President of the Carbondale Business Development Corporation. “But we just wanted people to know, and businesses especially, that we’re here to help and we want to do something to show our support.”
The Business Development Corporation is working with the Carbondale Chamber of Commerce on the grant process. Applications are due by the end of September, and funds are expected to be distributed by the second week of October.
According to the application, the following criteria must be met:
- Located in Carbondale
- Majority of sales in the local area
- Total annual sales less than $3,000,000
- Business negatively impacted by COVID-19
- Not a Home based business
- Be a For-Profit business
- Business cannot be owned by CBDC board members or an immediate family member
- If you meet these criteria, you will go into a lottery for selection
- If your business is chosen to receive a grant, owner(s) must attest to meeting the criteria
Application is online at: cbdcgrant.com.