Three small businesses from the tri-county area have been named among the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Small Business Week Award winners. One of the businesses is located in Montgomery County, while two are in Berks County.
The Eastern Pennsylvania award winners are selected each year from among nominees located across Pennsylvania’s eastern 40 counties.
Among the award winners this year are:
• Pennsylvania Business Person of the Year: Cynthia T. Gallo, president, Fiber Business Solutions Group Inc. dba G Force, Norristown; nominated by Ennio Bruno, director/federal operations, Fiber Business Solutions Group Inc.
• Eastern Pennsylvania Exporter of the Year: Radius Corporation, Kutztown; Chief Executive Officer Saskia Foley; nominated by Martin Brill, program manager, International Trade, Kutztown University Small Business Development Center.
• Eastern Pennsylvania District Woman-Owned Small Business of the Year: Moyer-Drabick & Associates Ltd., Barto; president Wendy C. Moyer-Drabick; nominated by Joseph Butera, president, Butera Business Solutions LLC.
“Each year, SBA’s National Small Business Week awards recognize the achievements of small businesses and the organizations that assist them in eastern Pennsylvania,” SBA Eastern Pennsylvania District Director Steven Dixel, said in a press release. “It’s an honor to present these awards. Each business is exceptional and deserving of recognition because they represent the very best of the eastern Pennsylvania small business community.”
The local designation is part of the annual Presidentially-designated National Small Business Week, which kicks off Tuesday, Sept. 22 and recognizes the contribution small businesses make to the economy.
The National Small Business Week event schedule includes three days recognizing America’s outstanding entrepreneurs, shining a spotlight on the nation’s 30 million small businesses across the country, including national award winners, and naming of the 2020 National Small Business Person of the Year.
As part of this year’s event, the U.S. Small Business Administration and cosponsors will host all events virtually — including educational panels providing retooling and innovative practices for entrepreneurs as small businesses look to pivot and recover.
For details about the event or to register visit https://www.sba.gov/NSBW.
The other Eastern Pennsylvania Small Business Week Award winners include:
• Eastern Pennsylvania Small Business Development Center Excellence and Innovation Award: University of Scranton Small Business Development Center.
• Eastern Pennsylvania Entrepreneurial Success of the Year Award: Tri-County Hardware Inc. dba Tri-County Lumber & Truss, Berwick.
• Eastern Pennsylvania District Family-Owned Small Business of the Year: C.L. Sturkey, Inc., Lebanon.
• Eastern Pennsylvania District Minority-Owned Small Business of the Year: Silvia’s Bakery, Philadelphia.
Every year since 1963, the Small Business Administration has highlighted small businesses during Small Business Week. For more information about the Small Business Administration visit www.sba.gov.