U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our “Best” series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
We believe in having a broad range of talent and backgrounds at U.S. News. We strive to maintain a welcoming workplace where everyone is given an opportunity to succeed and contribute to their fullest. Learn more about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
U.S. News empowers everyone to thrive. You will have the opportunity to leverage your strengths and experience to play a leading role in owning and delivering critical business data related to our growing business, partnerships, and product launches.
Are you up to the challenge?
• You are a web analytics expert (GA 360, Google Ad Manger) with the ability to gather data, analyze, and develop actionable insights
• Take ownership of all audience and product analytics to help measure versus market and key competitors
• Create and maintain automated KPI reports for stakeholders to view daily, weekly, monthly
• Create data visualization dashboards that provide connections between user engagement, conversion and revenue
• Work with data architects to implement new BI dashboards that pull data from various sources
• Keep track of product launches, changes to products, A/B test revenue opportunities to deliver actionable insights
• Work closely with Product/UX/Design team to explore opportunities to improve user experience
• Work with SEO team on special projects
• Knows the display advertising ecosystem and relationship between content, inventory, ad tech, and revenue
• Understanding of ad tagging, site taxonomy to measure and provide insight into revenue, sell through, cpm, viewability, 1st party data
You should definitely have
• Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience
• Passion for data
• Experience with performance marketing and lead generation products
• Experience working directly with external partners
• Outstanding analytical skills
• Financial modelling skills
• Excellent Excel skills (pivot tables, etc)
• Roll up your sleeves mindset
• Excellent communication skills
• Collaboration is a must
It would be nice if you had
• Digital automotive experience for a Publisher, Marketer, or Agency
• Experience with A/B testing tools like Optimizely
• Experience with Confluence, Jira, DataStudio
What it’s like to work with us:
• Talent is our best asset
• We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
• Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
• Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
• Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
• Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other job info:
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, the Company will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.