This post was contributed by a community member. The views expressed here are the author’s own.
The transition back-to-school is stressful for many students and families that’s why C.I.T.Y. of Support has partnered with five creative therapists in Chicago to offer stress-reducing, family-fun activities every Saturday morning during the month of October.
Classes will include everything from yoga to music to sing-a-songs each week featuring a different business and different theme. The interactive lineup includes:
- 10/3: Prospect Music Therapy’s “Fall Chill: Family Music Activities”
- 10/10: Tiny Voice Therapy’s “Speech & Language Fun on the Farm”
- 10/17: Dynamic Lynks’s “Social Sing and Jam”
- 10/24: Hop Along Yogi’s “Spooktacular Halloween Yoga Party”
- 10/31: My Recess Therapy’s “Dress-Up & Calm Down Halloween Yoga”
These events are offered as “pay-what-you-can,” with all of the proceeds being donated to C.I.T.Y. of Support, a nonprofit organization, that offers support, both online and in person, to all families navigating the needs of their child in therapy.
To join these virtual events just visit the C.I.T.Y. of Support’s Facebook GROUP and tune in at 9 AM any Saturday in October.
The views expressed in this post are the author’s own. Want to post on Patch?
The rules of replying:
- Be respectful. This is a space for friendly local discussions. No racist, discriminatory, vulgar or threatening language will be tolerated.
- Be transparent. Use your real name, and back up your claims.
- Keep it local and relevant. Make sure your replies stay on topic.
- Review the Patch Community Guidelines.